Whether you’re making a quick trip to the grocery store or heading off on a cross-country road trip, the road can be full of unexpected obstacles. Even if you’re a safe driver with a reliable vehicle, you never know when a flat tire or car accident could derail your plans.
Leading car insurer Progressive offers these tips to avoid getting stranded:
- Practice cell phone safety. Using your cell phone while driving can be unsafe, but for many people it’s also unavoidable. Getting to know your cell phone and its features, such as speed dial and redial, can help you keep your attention on the road while making a call. If possible, avoid even placing a call until you’re stopped at an intersection or parked.
- Avoid DWD (Driving While Distracted). With more and more people trying to multitask, DWDs are becoming more common. In order to keep you—and the drivers around you—safe, avoid doing things like using your GPS system, texting or eating while driving.
- Maintain your car. Make sure your vehicle is up to date on its maintenance schedule, and be sure to check the battery and tires regularly.
- Protect your car against theft. Help deter criminals from taking your car with security systems, steering wheel locks or an electronic tracking device. In some states, your security system might qualify you for a discount on your car insurance. Ask your local independent agent what discounts could apply in your area.
- Make sure your auto insurance is up to date. Before you even leave the driveway, make sure you’re protected. Hubbard Insurance Agency can provide the personal service and advice you need to travel in confidence. Progressive offers a wide range of coverages that can fit your needs, from Rental Reimbursement to Roadside Assistance.
For more information, visit www.hubbardinsurance.biz.